Dual Passage (Rotorseal)
* Airflex Rotorseals allow passage of pressurized fluids from a stationary inlet to a rotating shaft end. Single, dual and triple passage rotorseals are available in a variety of sizes and designs to meet most flow requirements. The multiple passage units can be used for individual control of components mounted on the same shaft, component lubrication and circulating fluid systems
* Available from 3/8 inches to 2 inches, with single, dual or triple passages.
* Rotary joint which permits the transfer of gases or liquids, under pressure or vacuum, into or out of the exposed end of a rotating shaft or body.
* Designed primarily for the passage of compressed air or hydraulic fluid from a stationary member to a rotating member, to control clutches or brakes.
* Other applications include the transmittal of cutting fluid to machine tools, lubrication of shaft-mounted components and circulation of water or oil for cooling systems.
* The rotating seal is established by a non-metallic sealing ring, held against the rotorseal shaft by a light spring force.
* This design gives positive protection against leakage and compensates for seal wear.
* Ball bearings are used between the stationary and rotating parts to provide the rigidity to the rotorseal assembly and to minimize the running torque.
* Single passage rotorseals, in pneumatic installations, can be packaged with a quick release valve at its inlet port to provide a convenient quick exhaust.
* In most applications, the rotorseal is mounted to the end of the shaft. The shaft is rifle and cross drilled to provide a passageway for the media transmitted.
* A flexible connection must be used between the rotorseal and supply to avoid preloading the rotorseal bearings.
* Most applications only one fluid is transferred. Dual passage rotorseals allow the transfer of media through two separate passages located on the same shaft end. Each passage can be used for a different medium, for example air for clutch actuation and oil for bearing lubrication.
Please click here to view Maintenance Bulletin
Please click here to view Catalog